I am writing to let you know we have high hopes for you. We apologize in advance if we seem a tag disgruntled. Your predecessor, 2020, was not well liked by many. We tried to be encouraging and supportive but unfortunately, 2020 just didn’t get any better so we decided to say goodbye. We welcome you, 2021, and we are counting on you to lift our spirits. Please renew our faith as your year unfolds. In case you are wondering what we are looking for, I have outlined some of our hopes:
- Please deliver a vaccine to all in need to help us create safe communities.
- Please heal those who are sick from COVID-19. Our world has endured too much loss.
- Please allow us to hug our friends again. We miss the magic of a kind embrace.
- Please permit us to open our doors. The simple joy of connecting with loved ones is so much richer face to face.
- Please open our hospitals and care homes and allow safe visits. The company of loved ones means so much.
- Please address our opioid crisis. Our most vulnerable citizens have been impacted the most this year. They need our help.
- Please let us travel when it is safe to do so. We are meant to connect with our neighbours around the world and we crave the opportunity to unwind and rejuvenate.
- Please remind us to reflect. Encourage us to enjoy the little things and move forward with a new appreciation for slowing down.
- Please promote health and wellbeing and allow us the opportunity to enjoy the sports, activities and events that energize us.
- Please support our children. When it is safe to do so, please bring back play in our homes and schools. We miss the laughter of children running freely.
- Please allow us to remove our masks when it is safe to do so. We are ready to rejoice and await the opportunity to offer a simple smile to our fellow strangers.
- Please let us connect with compassion and appreciate our freedom. We will no longer take simple luxuries for granted.
- Please bring health to our community, our country and our world.
We have learned a lot in 2020. Our struggles have made us stronger and demonstrated the resilience of mankind. We see how our world is connected as one, and we are ready to celebrate your year with renewed hope, appreciation and gratitude. So welcome 2021, we hope you are cut out for the job. We are counting on you. Please be better.
Those Happy to Say Goodbye 2020
6 thoughts on “Dear 2021 – We are Counting on You”
Thank you Kristi – this is so wonderful! Let’s pray that all of these “hopes” come true…Happy New year to you and your family!Barb (Melissa’s Mom)Sent from my Galaxy
Thanks Kristi. You were speaking for all of us. HAPPY NREW YEAR!!!
Goodbye 2020. Hello 2021. 😄🥂
Thanks so much for those thoughts and Insights!
So blessed to have you in my world as I’m sure ,so many others feel
As a woman in her 60’s, once addicted ,on the street who once inhabitated the DTES , many ,many years ago…thank you.
Our world is a better place because of your work and mentoring young fresh minds.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
This comment makes my day.
Thank you Kristi! Happy New Year! Hope all these hopes and dreams come true in 2021!
Thank you and Happy New Year to you and your family. You speak well for all of us. Keep up your inspirational journey of hope. You are well loved by many!